Saturday, July 6, 2013

Psalm 5

For the music director, to be accompanied by wind instruments;

A Psalm of David.

1 Listen to what I say, LORD! Carefully consider my complaint!
2 Pay attention to my cry for help, my king and my God, for I am praying to you!
3 LORD, in the morning you will hear me; in the morning I will present my case to you and then wait expectantly for an answer.
4 Certainly a you are not God who approves of evil; evil people cannot dwell with you.
5 Arrogant people cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who behave wickedly.
6 You destroy liars; the LORD despises violent and deceitful people.
7 But as for me, because of your great faithfulness I will enter your house; I will bow down toward your holy temple as I worship you.
8 LORD, lead me in your righteousness because of those who wait to ambush me, remove the obstacles in the way in which you are guiding me!

Use this as a prayer. It is helpful to use the Psalms as personal prayers as this can offer us other ways of praying. This can get us out of the stale words of overused familiarity.

May God be with us.




Fifth Sunday after Trinity
36 The Power of the Gospel
The Scripture passage for the day is drawn from Reuben Job and Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and other Servants, (Nashville, The Upper Room 1983), 225.
This reflection is from my own devotional exercises for the day.

Sent via my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment