Monday, July 22, 2013

Psalm 44


 

To the leader. Of the Korahites. A Maskil.

 

1 We have heard with our ears, O God, our ancestors have told us,

what deeds you performed in their days, in the days of old:

 

2  you with your own hand drove out the nations,

but them you planted; you afflicted the peoples, but them you set free;

 

3  for not by their own sword did they win the land, nor did their own arm give them victory;

but your right hand, and your arm, and the light of your countenance, for you delighted in them.

 

4  You are my King and my God;

you command victories for Jacob.

 

5  Through you we push down our foes;

through your name we tread down our assailants.

 

6  For not in my bow do I trust,

nor can my sword save me.

 

7  But you have saved us from our foes,

and have put to confusion those who hate us.

 

8  In God we have boasted continually,

and we will give thanks to your name forever. [Selah]

 

Ordinary 17 / Pentecost +10
39 God, Our Source of Hope
The Scripture passage for the day is drawn from Reuben Job and Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and other Servants, (Nashville, The Upper Room 1983), 243.
This reflection is from my own devotional exercises for the day
.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment