Saturday, July 5, 2014

Psalm 5


To the leader: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.

1  Give ear to my words, O LORD;
give heed to my sighing.

2  Listen to the sound of my cry, my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

3  O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.

4  For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil will not sojourn with you.

5  The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.

6  You destroy those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.

7  But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house,
I will bow down toward your holy temple in awe of you.

8  Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me.


Third Sunday after Trinity
33 Christian Maturity
The Scripture passage for the day is drawn from Reuben Job and Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and other Servants, (Nashville, The Upper Room 1983), 207.
This reflection is from my own devotional exercises for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment