Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Leadership

2 Corinthians 2:3
And I wrote this very thing to you, so that when I came I would not have sadness from those who ought to make me rejoice, since I am confident in you all that my joy would be yours.

Paul visits Corinth for the first time, spending about 18 months there (Acts 18:11). The second time he visited the Corinthian church this was a "painful visit" (2 Corinthians 2:1). Paul reassures the people of Corinth that they will not have another painful visit because of the love he has for them.

Here is a leader who cares for his people enough to visit them, write to them, and when necessary - speak bluntly to them about difficulties. We all can learn from his combination of compassion and straight talking.

Ordinary 23 / Pentecost +16
45 Forgiveness

The Scripture passage for the day is drawn from Reuben Job and Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and other Servants, (Nashville, The Upper Room 1983), 276.
This reflection is from my own devotional exercises for the day
.

Sent via my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment