Saturday, June 15, 2013

Psalm 5


 
To the leader: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.

 

1  Give ear to my words, O LORD;

give heed to my sighing.

 

2  Listen to the sound of my cry, my King and my God,

for to you I pray.

 

3  O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;

in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.

 

4  For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;

evil will not sojourn with you.

 

5  The boastful will not stand before your eyes;

you hate all evildoers.

 

6  You destroy those who speak lies;

the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.

 

7  But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,

will enter your house,

I will bow down toward your holy temple in awe of you.

 

8  Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies;

make your way straight before me.

 
 
 
 
 
Third Sunday after Trinity
33 Christian Maturity
The Scripture passage for the day is drawn from Reuben Job and Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and other Servants, (Nashville, The Upper Room 1983), 207.
This reflection is from my own devotional exercises for the day.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment